This blog will be brief because we are really, really tired.
Today's MUSC visit did not go well.
Over the past two weeks or so Brian and I have been suspicious that something was amiss with Jude's GI system...but nothing seemed especially urgent with his symptoms. So, we held on to our concerns until this morning's visit. After sharing our recent observations with Jude's GI doc (who is very responsive to our instincts as parents), she decided that it would be best for Jude to have an x-ray of his abdomen this afternoon.
So, the x-ray was done and it was discovered that Jude has re-herniated for a second time.
Yes. Jude's repair has broken. Again.
Honestly, I'm struggling to find the words to explain how we are feeling right now. We are just sad that Jude will have to endure yet another surgery and another major setback. Our hearts are broken for him.
I hope to find a little more time to blog tomorrow to share more details about the plan for Jude now that he will be facing another surgery. Forgive me for not being up to it tonight.
I can tell you that Jude is home with us tonight. He does not need to be hospitalized at this point. From a medical standpoint he's stable overall.
Once again we covet your prayers. Please lift Jude up. Pray for his little body. Please lift our family up, we are so weary.