Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Not a good day.

Hi friends,

This blog will be brief because we are really, really tired.

Today's MUSC visit did not go well.

Over the past two weeks or so Brian and I have been suspicious that something was amiss with Jude's GI system...but nothing seemed especially urgent with his symptoms. So, we held on to our concerns until this morning's visit. After sharing our recent observations with Jude's GI doc (who is very responsive to our instincts as parents), she decided that it would be best for Jude to have an x-ray of his abdomen this afternoon.

So, the x-ray was done and it was discovered that Jude has re-herniated for a second time.

Yes. Jude's repair has broken. Again.

Honestly, I'm struggling to find the words to explain how we are feeling right now. We are just sad that Jude will have to endure yet another surgery and another major setback. Our hearts are broken for him.

I hope to find a little more time to blog tomorrow to share more details about the plan for Jude now that he will be facing another surgery. Forgive me for not being up to it tonight.

I can tell you that Jude is home with us tonight. He does not need to be hospitalized at this point. From a medical standpoint he's stable overall.

Once again we covet your prayers. Please lift Jude up. Pray for his little body. Please lift our family up, we are so weary.

Much love,
Rose

8 comments:

  1. I'm so, so sorry to hear this. I'm praying for you all. I just read a devotional the other day that has been an encouragement to me. I hope it will encourage you too. Here is the link: http://www.epm.org/resources/2010/Mar/29/Is/

    I pray that you will stand on this promise tonight, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.”2 Cor. 12:9. You are and will continue to be in my prayers!

    Maggie Steenmeyer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just don't know what to say except that we are praying, always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear this news. I'm praying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hugs to you, Rose and Brian. I know it is so hard. You only just got home and now have another of these hurdles to face. If you want to discuss lattisimus dorsi muscle flap repair, please feel free to message me on FB or at austinfamily@hotmail.ca. I know this turned out to be a very good option for Samuel - just so so good. Sending prayers and strength to you.
    Corinne
    Mama to Samuel, lcdh, Feb1/11
    www.samuelslight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying Praying Praying. xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and Brain our and the kids are always in our prAYERS AND THOUGHTS. HOPE ALL GOSE WELL AND LET ME KNOW IF I CAN HELP IN ANY WAY.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to read that he is facing this again. Will continue to pray for you and your sweet boy.

    ReplyDelete