Sunday, April 1, 2012

Jude is still off the ventilator!

Hi friends,
Thank you for faithfully praying for Jude today and over the last few days.

Here is a quick update about today:
  • Jude continues to remain very uncomfortable. He is either asleep or awake and crying. It is so hard to watch him struggle all day long. He is exhausted. I really did not want to put him back in his bed when we left this evening. I told Brian that I wished that I could just stay all night long and hold him. I just want him to know that he is safe and loved.
  • Jude continues to have blood gas results that are concerning but they did improve a little bit today. We are hopeful and thankful for better results. 
  • Jude received Albuterol treatments every four hours today and suctioning to help keep his airway open. (this will continue overnight and likely tomorrow) We are happy that Jude avoided intubation today but we are still worried that he could end up intubated. Please continue to pray that his lungs will grow stronger and healthier. 
  • Earlier today, I noticed that Jude had quite a bit of boogers (sorry for the yucky details!) so I threw out the idea that maybe he had a cold. The docs ordered a test to determine if Jude has a virus. And just a few minutes ago we got a call letting us know that Jude does in fact have a cold. This is certainly contributing to Jude's respiratory distress and as of yet, we don't know exactly what this will mean for Jude's care over the next few days or what this will mean for Jude's potential 2nd repair surgery. But we hope to know more after our meeting with the doctors and nurses tomorrow. Please continue to pray for this meeting.
We are thankful that Jude has been spared from the ventilator one more day! Please join us in praising God for this!

Please pray that Jude does not need to go on the ventilator tonight. He is still struggling with his breathing and is sitting at very high settings on the Vapotherm. We love our little man so much!

Well, I am heading to bed...big day tomorrow. God bless all of you!

1 comment:

  1. But as for me, I will watch in hope for the Lord, I wait for my God my Savior, my God will hear me. Micah 7:7

    Many prayers as you wait and watch. God is Sovereign. I know you are exhausted and weary but our God is not. He carries us through these valleys. He knows what we need He sees what we cannot see. I pray for a miracle every day for your family.

    ReplyDelete