Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Tidbits of prayer

Sweet friends,

Thank you for your prayers and encouragement since our last blog post.

We are truly heartbroken and feeling a little lost right now. Our worries are overwhelming and at times we will like we might break into pieces.

Please forgive us for "disappearing" a little bit...we are simply trying to process our recent news.

Despite our sadness we are also trying to remain hopeful....and in prayer with our Lord about Jude's life. We don't know what the future will hold but we know that the Lord will hold all of us!

Please keep praying for Jude daily. Please keep lifting our family up too. We are trusting the Lord for our steps each hour because without Him we cannot walk this journey.

Just a moment ago my mom came in and told me that she was feeling like the Lord was leading her to pray specifically that when Dr. Hebra finally has the opportunity to perform Jude's second repair surgery that he will be AMAZED by the amount of healing that has taken place inside Jude's body and that he will not face the obstacles that he was originally anticipating. My mom also felt that we should ask all of you to join us in praying for this specifically as well. Will you do this, please?

I am also asking the Lord to reveal other specific prayer requests to our family that we can share with you.

Jude is still sick today. His spirits seemed up today and he even gave me a few smiles while we snuggled. Warmed my heart and gave me hope that he might be starting to fight off his cold soon. He continues to have poor blood gases and other troubles but we are hopeful that he will pull out of this respiratory problem  soon. They did start feeling him at 3ml per an hour into his intestine this afternoon and thus far he has tolerated them fine.

Finally, I wanted to share a song with you that the Lord brought to my mind today. The lyrics truly fit how we are feeling but also how Jude might be feeling if he could speak.

He Will Carry Me - Mark Schultz
I call, You hear me 
I've lost it all 
And it's more then I can bear 
I feel so empty 

You're strong, I'm weary 
I'm holding on 
But I feel like giving in 
But still You're with me 

(Pre-chorus and Chorus) 
And even though I'm walking 
Through the valley of the shadow 
I will hold tight to the hand of Him 
Whose love will comfort me 
And when all hope is gone 
And I've been wounded in the battle 
He is all the strength that I will ever need 
He will carry me 

I know I'm broken 
But You alone 
Can mend this heart of mine 
You're always with me 
[
And even though I'm walking 
Through the valley of the shadow 
I will hold tight to the hand of Him 
Whose love will comfort me 
And when all hope is gone 
And I've been wounded in the battle 
He is all the strength that I will ever need 
He will carry me 
He will carry me 

(Bridge) 
And even though I feel so lonely 
Like I have never been before 
You never said it would be easy 
But You said You'd see me through the storm 

And even though I'm walking 
Through the valley of the shadow 
I will hold tight to the hand of Him 
Whose love will comfort me 
And when all hope is gone 
And I've been wounded in the battle 
He is all the strength that I will ever need 
He will carry me 


God bless you, friends. Thank you for traveling this long and hard journey with us.

13 comments:

  1. You don't know me...I'm a friend of the Hardy family and started following your blog when Jude was born. I've been praying for Jude, you - his mom and dad, and the staff at MUSC. My heart is aching for you right now, but I continue to hold that hope and prayer with you for Jude's little body to heal and to grow in all the right ways. May the peace and love of God continue to cradle you as you cradle Jude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In total agreement with your Mom! Praying that his healing will be miraculous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Rose and Brian, Years ago when I worked for Bethany Christian Services in Florence, I learned many things about God and babies. I knew them already as I am sure you do, but when you experience it personally, it becomes more than belief, it becomes Truth. In our family we have lost several babies to miscarriage. The greatest comfort I learned was that God is in charge of ALL BABIES. Not just the coming in...and the going out.. but also Arms and Hands for hold them lovingly in all circumstances. Though you feel like you are on a roller coaster, God is not. He is in complete control and He will make the best plan for Jude. In a whole lifetime some people have not accomplished all the LOVE that Jude has. He has impacted so many hearts. God will be the one to decide if Jude has more work to do. I am so thankful Jude has you and Brian for parents and all of your family is an amazing team. I am trusting....and praying ....and loving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying that God's perfect timing and will would be revealed to you all and especially those doctors. That God would make a way in Jude's body, that Jesus will lay his healing hands on his body and let Jude experience miraculous healing so that we can give allllll glory to God!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayer in Texas continue to be at work. We love Jude and you all. We pray for Jude's healing and your peaceful trust in our Father. Jude has come so far as a fighter. Your love is his ultimate blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying, yes. And holding you up, yes. Jude and his family and team of caregivers are in my heart all through my day.
    Corinne
    Mama to Samuel

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Lord the sky lowers, but You shine through - Oh [give us] a pretty rainbow!" -Jill Briscoe. Will pray specifically for his insides.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My heart is broken and the tears are flowing. This is all too close to home and our outcome was very different from yours. NO ONE knows those moments spent in the hospital but those who have literally gone through it. Please don’t give up hope. God knew Jude before he was even formed in your womb. During this Easter holy week, I am reminded that the stripes that were bore on Jesus’ back were for Jude’s healing. We are praying and believing for a miracle. Our specific prayer is for perfect breathing, no infections, strength for the family and wisdom for the doctors. Blessings to you and Jude. Love and Prayers Kathy P

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I read your post, this song immediately came to me: Because He lives, I can face tomorrow,
    Because He lives, all fear is gone,
    Because I know He holds the future, and life is worth the living, just because he lives.

    How sweet to hold a newborn baby
    and feel the pride and joy he gives,
    But greater still, the calm assurance,
    This child can face uncertain days becuase He lives.
    Written by Bill and Gloria Gaither

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I read your post, this song immediately came to me: Because He lives, I can face tomorrow,
    Because He lives, all fear is gone,
    Because I know He holds the future, and life is worth the living, just because he lives.

    How sweet to hold a newborn baby
    and feel the pride and joy he gives,
    But greater still, the calm assurance,
    This child can face uncertain days becuase He lives.
    Bill and Gloria Gaither

    ReplyDelete
  11. I started following your journey when a mutual friend posted a facebook prayer request shortly before Jude's birth. I'm so sorry that the roller coaster is plunging again. I will be praying for amazing healing inside Jude's body...strength--emotional and physical--for all who love him...and wisdom for all those involved in his care. God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I felt the same way this morning when I was praying for Jude!! I prayed specifically that they will be amazed to find NO scar tissue in side him. I will continue to pray specifically. We are praying for the infection to leave his body and for the Lord to heal him completely. We know nothing is impossible for our God and that he would also renew your spirits. Feel the prayers of the many lifting you back up, restoring you so that you can continue on with full strength.

    Sending love and prayers from Oregon
    Liz, mama to Finley (LCDH Survivor) and Rowan
    www.finleyanabelle.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete