Jude continues to have good days and we are too! It is so great to see our little guy alert and comfortable. He hung out with Lesley (I've miss-spelled her name in the last few posts!) again today and seemed pretty content overall. Here are a few updates:
- Jude's continuous feeds were increased again today...he is now receiving 5ml of breast milk every hour.
- They weaned Jude a little more on some of his pain and sedation medication today.
- He received PT and OT again today. Sounds like PT got him sitting up and moving a bit more today! Yay!
- Jude is still on the CPAP right now but today there was some discussion about moving Jude to nasal cannulas with oxygen or another form of ventilation that can continue to provide pressures to help keep his lungs open. So, we may see another form of support for Jude in the coming days. He has made great progress in this area since surgery!
- Brian is coming back in town tonight so he will get to see Jude tomorrow morning for the first time with his CPAP on!
I am so thankful that the Lord chose me to be Jude's mommy. What a blessing to love and care for him each day.
O come to the Father, through Jesus the Son,
And give Him the glory, great things He hath done! —Fanny J. Crosby (1820-1915)