Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Hello from the waiting room

Hi friends,
This is Rose. I'm asking for a little extra prayer today (seems that we are constantly asking for prayer, but please know that all of your prayers are felt) because it seems that I may be getting sick. Yesterday I started to feel a little "off" and this morning I have a headache, scratchy throat and a little congestion. In normal life I wouldn't give this "off" feeling a second thought, but today is different. Because Jude is so sick and so at risk to illness - I am staying out of the NNICU for the sake of Jude's health (and all the other sick little babies). This was such a difficult decision, but I am confident that it is the best choice. So, today I am hanging out in the waiting room and waiting on Brian to come an update me on Jude as often as he can.

As Brian stated on the blog late last night, the plan today is for Jude to receive a small chest tube to help with the pleural effusion that is plaguing his lung. I am not certain about what time the procedure will be done because the surgeon is working to fit Jude in. But we are fairly certain that it will be late morning-ish. If Brian updates me with a time of surgery I will try to post it on here so that you can pray for a smooth insertion of the tube, little to no bleeding and a healthy recovery.

We are also hoping to have a meeting sometime today with all of the doctors caring for Jude to discuss the details of the plan of care for Jude over the next several days. Please pray for this meeting as well.

I also wanted to take a minute to thank all of you for the many posts, comments, texts, emails and calls from all of you. Each message lifts our spirits and lets us know that we are covered in love and prayers throughout the day. Please forgive us for not responding to all of your kind and uplifting words. We simply have not have the opportunity to respond to each one, but please know that we are reading/listening to each and every message. The Lord is truly blessing us through all of you. Thank you for being faithful to praying praying for Jude and our family and for not forgetting us.

I leave you with another song (from Isaiah 43) that has entered my mind today. I believe I learned this one while I was in youth group. It has continued to amaze me how the Lord has brought a different song to my mind each day. Each song contains scripture that helps me get through the day. I am so thankful that the Lord has been bringing these songs to mind to help me.

When you pass through the water I will be with you;
and the waves will not overcome you.
Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by name: You are mine.

For I am the Lord, your God.
For I am the Lord, your God.
The Holy One of Israel, the savior.
I am the Lord.

When you pass through the fire
You’ll not be burned;
and the flames will not overcome you.

Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by name: You are mine

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful song....and how God meets us at the place of our greatest need. He has touched your heart with a song and that is such a loving sign of His Great Love for you and your family. Trust the Lord with all your heart and He will do this, He will give you the desires of your heart. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rose and Brian, we are praying. Interesting that Chris would mention Psalm 37; I actually spent my quiet time in that chapter this morning. The preceding verse (v.3): "...dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture." I pray that God would provide safe pasture for your family today. Love to you all.

    ReplyDelete