Saturday, December 24, 2011

Our Greatest Need

Dearest friends,
I am writing tonight to ask you to join us in praying for a miracle for our sweet Jude.

Tonight I am not going to go into all of the details of why we know Jude's condition is serious but we simply want ask you to join us in praying specifically for a miraculous healing of Jude's little body. We know that the Lord is able to heal Jude and save his life. And we know that only HE can determine what Jude's path will be.

Later this afternoon, Brian and I met with the doctors one on one about Jude's condition. Essentially, Jude is still a CDH baby...but right now his biggest battle is with several things:

1. Sepsis has made his entire body extremely ill. Sepsis alone is life threatening.

2. Jude's body is extremely swollen and is holding a lot of fluid as a result of ECMO circuit change, his surgery, and his sepsis. Because of this extra fluid Jude has a lot of weight on his lungs and heart. Therefore his lungs and heart are struggling to function or improve. (and his lungs and heart are already struggling because of his CDH)

3. Jude's pleural effusion is back and is also keeping his lungs (particularly his right lung) from working at their full potential. Today the doctors mentioned the possibility of putting in a tube to try to resolve this problem, but this is also a life threatening procedure for Jude because Jude is on an anticoagulant medication (which is needed while he is on ECMO) which could put him at risk for major bleed.

4. Jude has been on ECMO for 18 days. Being on ECMO for so many days is not ideal. There are many serious risks and complications that can occur from being on ECMO for long periods of time. Frankly, the risks frighten us, but Jude needs ECMO right now because he is unable to carry himself. Even so, we know his time on ECMO is running out.

There are many other small medical issues going on in Jude's little body but these are the main concerns. We need a miracle for Jude. Medically, the odds are stacked against him right now. But we are going to the Lord constantly and asking Him to heal Jude. We are asking Him to give Jude the opportunity to come off of ECMO. We are asking Him to give Jude the opportunity to have surgery to repair his CDH. Mostly, we are asking our Lord to save Jude's life.

Today I was spending time with Jude at his bedside and I was praying for each little part of his body. I was praying that the Lord would heal each part of his body and I felt led to ask the Lord to heal all of the problems that are keeping him from coming off of ECMO and getting his repair surgery. And I felt led to ask the Lord to do this in two days...meaning I am praying for amazing healing by Monday. Realistically and medically, this is not likely. But I know that the Lord hears our prayers. Will you join us in praying for Jude to be healed of the problems I mentioned by Monday?

Over the last few days I've had a song stuck in my head (from Psalm 18) that I remember learning in Kids Klub at First Presbyterian Church in Florence when I was young. It has given me great comfort and I thought it was appropriate for today:

I will call upon the Lord
Who is worthy to be praised
So shall I be saved from my enemies
The Lord liveth and blessed be the Rock
And let the God of my salvation be exalted
Please let us know that you are praying....please share our request for prayer with your friends, family and church...please continue to pray for Jude as often as you think of him. We are trusting in the Lord and we know that He may not answer our prayers in the way we hope He will, but we know that He is good and that He loves us.
-Rose
P.S. Many of you have asked us for tangible ways to help us and there is a blog that was set up to guide people with ways that they can help our family. You can find this blog by following the link to Manna for the Moment on the right hand side of the page. But right now, most of all we desire your prayers for Jude's health.

26 comments:

  1. I want you to know that I am praying for the miracle you asked. God is in control. He is able. I am going to share this blog with all my friends. Our love and hearts go out to you all. Love, Chris and Starr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just came in from church. Prayed for Jude there and am still praying here at home. Thanks for keeping us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying constantly and asking my FB friends to do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will continue to pray for a miracle. I have shared your blog on mine, but will spread the word again via Facebook to gather more prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boldly praying on Jude's behalf! Our God is mighty to save! Praying to see a miracle by Monday! Yes Lord!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for little Jude and those who love him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying in agreement with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying even harder for sweet Jude and you this early Christmas morning. ((((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Echoing your call to the Lord on behalf of your precious baby boy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. praying for a miracle for your sweet boy <3 I cannot imagine what you're going through, and my heart breaks thinking about how hard it must be to see your baby hooked up to machines and tubes, never knowing what will happen next. Jude is absolutely precious, and if I could ask for just one wish this Christmas, it's for the miracle you so badly need.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read about your story on FB. I live in Germany and have been thinking of you all. I will continue to pray for baby Jude and your family. I have seen true miracles of God over here and I pray Jude with have his miracle and get his repair surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Praying for complete healing of Jude and for a noticeable improvement when you see him today!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Our hearts are breaking with you. How we remember the days of praying specific prayers of healing and for survival of our own son. We know that God can make a way when all else seems impossible. And now as I sit here on Christmas morning with my miracle, I am prying fervently that the Lord would grant you the same experience. We're joining you in praying that God would heal Jude by Monday and will ask others to pray. Psalm 71

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am praying for Jude and will continue to lift him and you guys up all day. We love you.
    David and Starla

    ReplyDelete
  15. Praying for a Christmas miracle for your sweet baby boy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Praying for sweet Jude costantly! May the Father bring you much peace and wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Praying to our Lord for your sweet baby's healing and for your family's hearts and peace at this time!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jared and I just read the post and said a prayer for Jude. We will continue to pray for complete healing. I am so glad that kids klub song has been a comfort....it was always one of my favs too. Wishing I was there to give you a hug! Frazier

    ReplyDelete
  19. Praying for your precious boy.

    ReplyDelete
  20. We are praying for your family and your sweet baby boy. We pray that God's grace will be felt by each of you and that your sweet boy will grow stronger each day. God Bless all of you,

    The Halls
    Hartsville, SC

    ReplyDelete
  21. I will continue to pray for your family and especially baby Jude right now. I pray God will help Jude's body recover and guidance for you all helping him through and wisdom for the doctors. ~ Cathy I.

    ReplyDelete